PRIVACY & DATA POLICY:
OUR DATA PRINCIPLES:
- We keep to a minimum the amount of information we hold about you.
- We use your data to respond to your enquiries and provide you with information that we believe you would like to receive about the Gallery, our artists, available artworks and our events (the lawful basis for this is “legitimate interest”).
- We also use your data to complete transactions with you on our website and also via our galleries and other affiliated businesses (the lawful basis for this is “contract”).
- We also use your data to communicate with you where you have signed up and opted in to receive information from us (the lawful basis for this is “consent”).
- We only hold your data for as long as necessary.
- We apply appropriate security mechanisms to protect your personal data.
- Our legitimate business interests are balanced with your interests, rights and freedoms and your consent.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password and e-mail address when you register for an account.
- Profile information that you provide for your user profile (e.g., first and last name, picture)
- User Content (e.g., photos, comments, and other materials) that you post to the Service.
CAN I OPT-OUT OF SHARING MY INFORMATION WITH PROFILE GALLERY?
- Yes, you do not have to share your information with us that you do not want us to process and you may opt-out to receive communications from us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org We will respect your rights under the GDPR in this regard.
- You will always have the right to opt out of receiving promotional emails and other types of marketing or sales communication from us.
- If you are a resident of the EU, you have the legal right to request access to your data (commonly known as a “subject access request”). If you exercise this right and we process personal data about you, we are required to provide you with a description and copy of that personal data, and to tell you why we are processing it.
- If you opt out, you will also have the ability to opt back in at a later date. If you wish to stop receiving marketing emails from us, please click on the “Unsubscribe” link included at the bottom of an email. We respect your choice, and we will stop sending you promotional emails once you unsubscribe. It may take up to two weeks to process your request. Alternatively, you can email us at email@example.com
- Should you want to exercise your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights) we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
WILL PROFILE GALLERY DISCRIMINATE AGAINST ME IF I MAKE A REQUEST RELATED TO PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- No, you have the right to nondiscriminatory treatment if you make a data-related request.
HOW LONG DOES PROFILE GALLERY KEEP MY INFORMATION?
- We retain personal data for as long as necessary, to fulfil the transactions you have requested, or for other essential purposes (for example, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes and fulfilling our agreements).
HOW LONG DO WE STORE YOUR DATA FOR?
- We will store your personal information for as long as necessary.We are required by law to keep information about financial transactions for the current financial year plus an additional six years. We may store your information on our databases for reference and to record any preferences you have notified to us, for example in relation to your opt-in status to receive marketing communications. The information may be retained and used by Profile Gallery to answer queries or resolve problems, provide improved and new services, to respect your rights under the GDPR and for any data retention requirements of the law. This means we may retain information after you cease interacting with Gagosian. We store your information securely to prevent unauthorised use.
- If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
- We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the security and integrity of your personal information.
- Although we have in place modern security systems and procedures, we cannot guarantee the complete security of personal data held in our systems, nor that that information you supply through the internet or any computer network is entirely safe from unauthorised intrusion, access or manipulation during transmission. Any transmission is at your own risk and we will not be liable for any resulting misuse of your personal data.
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
WHAT HAPPENS IN THE EVENT OF A CHANGE OF CONTROL: